[SOLVED] MP600 not compatible with ROG Strix X570-F

Aug 8, 2019
I might be wrong here but my Corsair MP600 doesn't fit properly into the ASUS ROG Strix X570-F. In order to install it you must remove the motherboards chipset fan cover, but due to the MP600's fat heatsink the chipset fan cover wont fit back onto the motherboard, leaving the ugly chipset fan exposed... Guess you either have to sacrifice esthetic for performance or you can get rid of the giant heatsink and gain a couple of degrees with it. Bit ridiculous considering the MP600 was one of 2 first PCI-E GEN 4 SSD's to launch with all the new motherboards and it doesn't even fit properly into all them... Hopefully I'm just missing something simple here.

Solution
I did the same and got the same excact mb and ssd. I wondered if i should just remove the heatsink, but i ended up cutting of a bit of the cover to make a good fit, probably voiding warranty doing it.
End result looks pretty good so i guess its worth it until I've got to send back the motherboard for some reason.
Sep 13, 2019
I did the same and got the same excact mb and ssd. I wondered if i should just remove the heatsink, but i ended up cutting of a bit of the cover to make a good fit, probably voiding warranty doing it.
End result looks pretty good so i guess its worth it until I've got to send back the motherboard for some reason.

Solution
Oct 16, 2019
I'm having the same problem with my x570-E. I took off the entire heatsink for now exposing the chipset fan. I'm wondering if taking the heatsink off the mp600 and placing the mobo heatsink overtop will keep temps the same or raise them.