[SOLVED] MP600 SSD not recognising on asus rog x299e

Jan 16, 2020
I just got aa corsair MP600 M.2 and I've plugged it into the m.2 slot next to the RAM. in the bios boot order, it recognises the drive but nowhere in windows does it recognise.

I've tried to stop start the plug and play in service.msc
I have also gone through the initialize and format from disk management, it doesn't recognise the drive. any help?

Solution
The Corsair MP600 is a pcie4.0, gen4 drive. So far Intel only deals with gen3, you'd need a Ryzen x570 mobo to use that drive as pcie4.0 drives are not backwards compatible.

incorrect. the MP600 supports backwards compatibility for the x299e. I didn't use the bracket my mobo came with to hold it in place. because of the heatsink once I installed then put my pc back upright it must have moved. anyway, its formated and initialized
Jan 16, 2020
The Corsair MP600 is a pcie4.0, gen4 drive. So far Intel only deals with gen3, you'd need a Ryzen x570 mobo to use that drive as pcie4.0 drives are not backwards compatible.

incorrect. the MP600 supports backwards compatibility for the x299e. I didn't use the bracket my mobo came with to hold it in place. because of the heatsink once I installed then put my pc back upright it must have moved. anyway, its formated and initialized

Solution