[SOLVED] MPC (Classic player) NOT available in default programs or "Open with" options as it was before?

Tim042

Reputable
Sep 10, 2020
Hi, Have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and having trouble with old classic player MPC-HC installed. It shows up in Uninstall programs but not in programs above start button or default program list or "other" or "open with" in folder full of video files where these options were available in past and other "players" are offered.

I have installed it and its there in C drive/ programs and i have MPC on desktop and it is working if i open a video file and can play it ok, but MPC just isnt anywhere where you can set it as the default.

As i did a migration to this computer, (PC Mover) could that be blocking with the registry or is windows blocking MPC now as its no longer available?. Have uninstalled and scrubbed using Revo and reinstalled MPC but it just wont show up in where i can choose it as default for certain types of files.
I need diff players to be running for my work so need MPC to be there with others too.
Is there a registry override to fix this or simple answer?

Thanks for any help..

Solution
You should be able to browse directly to the executable to pick that to open the default files. Right-click on the file, select open with and browse to the executable for the program.