mpeg encoders and authoring

Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002
126
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi

I have been trying to determine what is the best mpeg encorder for my
home movie system.

Testing was of cinema craft basic, premiere pro, tmpgenc, mainconcept
H264, and a avi file for encoding with the encoder in the burning
program.

I compared the encoders by burning a dvd in Nero Express and one in
Mainconcept Eve2.

In the Eve disk Premiere Pro, Mainconcept 264 and the Avi were all
about the same the Cinema craft was pretty bad.

In the Nero disk something messed up and produced random color pixels
except
in the Cinema craft clip which was very good.

Overall the best result was the Cinema Craft in Nero.

Apparently the authoring programs process differently and so I would
appreciate suggestions on what program is the best if any.

Thanks

Sandy
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> Overall the best result was the Cinema Craft in Nero.

That's not surprising although I don't see how any non-professional
could afford CCE, that's one expensive encoder.

See here for more info:

http://videosystems.com/ar/video_mpeg_encoder_shootout/index.htm

While the authors couldn't configure tmpgenc correctly, which is quite
surprising, they all felt CCE was the "best". I'm real happy with
ProCoder, as I do all my encoding before it reaches the authoring
program and can encode from and to just about any format.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On 13 May 2004 12:11:16 -0700, sandy@wambua.com (sandy) wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have been trying to determine what is the best mpeg encorder for my
>home movie system.
>
>Testing was of cinema craft basic, premiere pro, tmpgenc, mainconcept
>H264, and a avi file for encoding with the encoder in the burning
>program.
>
>I compared the encoders by burning a dvd in Nero Express and one in
>Mainconcept Eve2.
>
>In the Eve disk Premiere Pro, Mainconcept 264 and the Avi were all
>about the same the Cinema craft was pretty bad.
>
>In the Nero disk something messed up and produced random color pixels
>except
>in the Cinema craft clip which was very good.
>
>Overall the best result was the Cinema Craft in Nero.
>
>Apparently the authoring programs process differently and so I would
>appreciate suggestions on what program is the best if any.
>
Use the one encoder that give's you the best result. Probably TMPGEnc
or CinemaCraft.
 

Sandy

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2002
126
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Morrmar" <morrmar@myway.com-no spam> wrote in message news:<qmRoc.13522$5z5.12789@bignews2.bellsouth.net>...
> > Overall the best result was the Cinema Craft in Nero.
>
> That's not surprising although I don't see how any non-professional
> could afford CCE, that's one expensive encoder.
>
> See here for more info:
>
> http://videosystems.com/ar/video_mpeg_encoder_shootout/index.htm
>
> While the authors couldn't configure tmpgenc correctly, which is quite
> surprising, they all felt CCE was the "best". I'm real happy with
> ProCoder, as I do all my encoding before it reaches the authoring
> program and can encode from and to just about any format.

Hi

Thanks for the replies I called visible light who sold the Cinema
Craft Basic encoder which cost $58. They said most authoring progams
reencode and degrade quality. They suggested mydvd as a good program
which does not encode a mpeg file. I downloaded mydvd and made the
test. The results were surprising. The processing was much faster than
in my other programs and each sample looked very good. I liked the
Cinema craft encoder best.

I did not test the procorder because it somewhat pricey and I couuld
not find a trial version.

Thanks

Sandy