Question MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi EZ Debug "Boot" Led

May 2, 2020
To start off this is an entire brand new build. My parts include Motherboard- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi, CPU- Ryzen 7 3700X, CPU AIO- Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE (Dual Fan), RAM- Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 2x8GB 3200 MHz (Checked and is compatible with motherboard), Power Supply- Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W 80+ Gold, SSD- Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, HDD- Seagate Barracuda 2TB. So my problem is with my MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard. What happens is when I attempt to boot up my pc everything works inside the case as it should (Fans, Motherboard RGB, Ram RGB, CPU RGB) but the Screen is black with no sign of Windows or even if I attempt to spam delete and go to Bios it does not work. The board boots normally if I reset CMOS but then the EZ Debug "Boot" LED stays on. I've tried resetting the CMOS, Using 1 Ram stick, checking sata connections and switching Sata motherboard ports, made sure the 8 pin and 4 pin was connected to CPU port on motherboard from power supply and to be honest I am swamped and don't know what else to do. Disclaimer, I do not have my graphics card in yet, amazon jacked up the shipping, but I was told the pc should still boot up without it by using the HDMI port from motherboard. I hope you guys can help me out, thanks for your time!

posiedon

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2007
Here is what I did to fix my issue:

Config:
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI MGP X570 Gaming edge wifi
8x2 Rip Raw ram
Evga GeForce GT770
Corsair HX620w
Kingston 500 m.2
Samsung 250 SSD

Been 2 days since I assembled this PC and has been working fine. Today morning though the system would boot (can see the CPU cooler light on, MB light on, Fan and PSU powering on) the display would just not turn on nor would the light on my keyboard and mouse would turn on. I dismantled the entire system and cleared CMOS as well but nothing helped. The CPU red light would appear under the EZ Debug LED section.

I stumbled across another MSI mobo video where the user was facing. the same issue though a totally different series and that by removing the reset wire (the reset button below or above your power button on the front of your cabinet) resolved the booting problem. I did the same and vola, the system booted showing the POST screen. I assembled back the entire system and it is still working.

Note: I did not update the BIOS. I did change the PSU to make sure it was not a PSU problem but this as well did not solve the problem. I removed the GPU and tried using the onboard graphics but this did not resolve the issue. I changed the RAM slots but this did not solve the problem. I removed the SSD and just kept the M.2 and vic versa but this did not solve the problem.

Dec 16, 2020
I have a msi x570 gaming edge wifi gtx 1070 and ryzen 7 3700x. I tried to install new dram and couldn't get it to work. I got a red dram led on mobo. I switched to my old ram and everything worked as it should. I exchanged the dram thinking that was the issue to a different brand. Still got red dram led. I tried to put in my old dram and now I have a red boot led on mobo. Any suggestions please.