Question MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi RAM top clips dont unclip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2024
trying to change ram sticks but the top clips feel locked

i managed to open one of the bottom ones easily but the top ones need more pressure than i can apply and my finger will slip so obviously im doing something wrong or its stuck

i half clipped the bottom one back up and ill take it to a technician tomorrow just cause i dont want to falcon punch something and ruin the mobo completely

anyone got experience with this?

edit: oh, im guessing only the bottom one unclips and i can uninstall/install ram like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

edit: oh, im guessing only the bottom one unclips and i can uninstall/install ram like that?
Some DRAM sockets have only one clip, some have two. Be careful before forcing it.

One thing I find helpful is to use a wooden pencil with fresh eraser as a pushing tool. The eraser helps prevent it from slipping off and if it does it's a lot softer than something harder but it can still do damage if you put too much force on it.

Some DRAM sockets have only one clip, some have two. Be careful before forcing it.

One thing I find helpful is to use a wooden pencil with fresh eraser as a pushing tool. The eraser helps prevent it from slipping off and if it does it's a lot softer than something harder but it can still do damage if you put too much force on it.

Reactions: xxxzz369
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.