Question MS-7829 motherboard 16gb ram compatible?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Board supports a maximum of 32GB of memory. So 8GB DIMMs should be no problem.

Just getting the one stick? Or were you planning to add memory to existing memory. That may not go well.

You may also not get the advertised speed depending on your processor and the BIOS. It may default to 1333 and not be possible to change.

Aug 3, 2022
Board supports a maximum of 32GB of memory. So 8GB DIMMs should be no problem.

Just getting the one stick? Or were you planning to add memory to existing memory. That may not go well.

You may also not get the advertised speed depending on your processor and the BIOS. It may default to 1333 and not be possible to change.
I have 2 slots of ram left I’m gonna put them in two of the green slots there both 8gb would it work?I also have 2x 4gb of ram in the two blue slots.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If you remove the old system memory, again, most likely. You would then have 16GB of memory. If you already have 4/8/16GB and you want to add more, mixing memory doesn't always work. And if it does, generally it will default to the lowest speed that both sets support. With LGA1150 that is probably going to be 1333, but 1066 is also possible.

OEM BIOS don't always offer the necessary features to re-configure the memory to run at faster speeds, and even then when mixing memory you often have to do it by hand, which might not be possible with the Acer board.

More memory only makes a computer faster if you can utilize the extra memory. If you aren't running out of memory now, adding more won't do much.

Aug 3, 2022
If you remove the old system memory, again, most likely. You would then have 16GB of memory. If you already have 4/8/16GB and you want to add more, mixing memory doesn't always work. And if it does, generally it will default to the lowest speed that both sets support. With LGA1150 that is probably going to be 1333, but 1066 is also possible.

OEM BIOS don't always offer the necessary features to re-configure the memory to run at faster speeds, and even then when mixing memory you often have to do it by hand, which might not be possible with the Acer board.

More memory only makes a computer faster if you can utilize the extra memory. If you aren't running out of memory now, adding more won't do much.
alright thanks for your time man I really appreciate it I’ll try it out see if its ok thanks again man.