ms config. selective startup. wont detect HDD, or HDMI input from screen.

Maxjan1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
hi there. i have this problem from when my sister (who is borrowing my computer when im out) wanted to update overwatch, and when there was an error during the download she found out she would try this "fix" https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/23848 and now my pc is kinda F@@d. cant figure whats wrong. or rather i have a general idea. i have tried to reverse the "fix" and i think it worked but its like a lot of drivers and such is missing. and i think it may be because it wont detect my HDD (hardware issue? have not had any problems before). Internet wont work, one of my screens dont work. its like alot of setting are just gone. PLZ help me :) thanks

Solution
Is msconfig configured to be on selective start up ?
If thats the case, put msconfig and normal start up, the services you recognize renable them, then do a full reboot to see what happens next.
If you know how to access the bios while the pc is pre-posting, go inside the bios and make sure the hard drives, cd/dvd drives are still there.
Is msconfig configured to be on selective start up ?
If thats the case, put msconfig and normal start up, the services you recognize renable them, then do a full reboot to see what happens next.
If you know how to access the bios while the pc is pre-posting, go inside the bios and make sure the hard drives, cd/dvd drives are still there.

Solution