MS critical fix ruined Direct3d

G

Since performing the most recent upgrade to my windows 2000 machine I have had terrible problems running games. All my desktop icon colours are washed out and discoloured and Direct3d games are messed up or will not run. My openGL games such as Quake now run horribly dark unless I turn on ignorehwgamma in my config which fixes the problem. Unfortunately I haven't found a fix for Directx games and would appreciate some help.

I ran dxdiag from the run menu in order to perform the direct3d test under the display tab. The test couldnt run and returned this error ---> Direct3D test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Out of memory)

Has anyone else run into this problem and/or found a way to fix it? Or do we just have to sit back twiddle our thumbs and wait for MS To come out with a fix? I've tried uninstalling the hotfix and it didn't change a thing...I reinstalled directX and my detonator drivers without any success.

My System
P3-800
Abit BE-6
Asus Geforce2 MX-400
SB Live value
Dlink 10/100 network card

G

MAG!!! Yes is it jade from montreal! Send me an email so we can get back in touch...
jadeyoungblood@hotmail.com

PS. I did reinstall my drivers and directx, did fix the problem.

G

Heya San!!!!!!
I sent you an E-Mail, is our channel in irc still up?
i'll check it neway just to see. talk to you soon :)
p.s. glad you got your problem fixed.

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
It's not related to graphic cards in anyway but i'm amazed to see how many forum posters in THG are from Montréal... Yay !

Fok Speling Misstake