Question ms edge sure is tenacious

hwlr77

Commendable
Apr 25, 2017
i'm pretty confident in clean installing win10 and tweaking everything the way i want it, but i'm still catching edge running in the background.

i've disabled background apps. i've changed my default browser to firefox. i don't use cortana for anything, and would love to evict her totally.

can anyone think of a reason edge would still occasionally be running?

Mar 19, 2019
Because microsoft says to basically. That and cortana, is deeply connected to edge. If you use cortana her default is to load the search results in edge using the bing engine. So edge will almost always be running in the background to make that process quicker. Even with add ons that force cortana to use google and firefox/chrome/opera browsers, It will still run back there, waiting for cortana to call on it. Its how microsoft designed it. So far i've tried everything to kill it but short of messing around with system services (which id rather not) that sure, control edge, but also control other things, i haven't been able to stop it. My buddy found where edges exe was located and tried deleting that on his PC, but windows just repairs it when it connects to windows update. If anyone else has a surefire way to stop it, id like to know as well tbh

TRENDING THREADS