[SOLVED] MS "Natural Ergonomic Keyboard price increase?

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Does anyone know why and what the price increase on the MS "Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard went up so much lately and the supply of them went South? They're listed on the MS site for $49.95, but everywhere else online they're $129. I can't imagine it can have anything to to with "the virus". Is it just lack of supply and greed? Are they still making this model? They were about $50 a month or so ago.

Solution
Does anyone know why and what the price increase on the MS "Natural Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard went up so much lately and the supply of them went South? They're listed on the MS site for $49.95, but everywhere else online they're $129. I can't imagine it can have anything to to with "the virus". Is it just lack of supply and greed? Are they still making this model? They were about $50 a month or so ago.

That keyboard came out many years ago, there are reviews of it from 13 years ago, the $50 price is from over a decade ago. It looks to no longer be made so whatever is out there is from 3rd party re-sellers now from their stock. This often mean prices go into the silly range.
The availability (and therefore the cost) of almost all PC components and peripherals have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic --- I've been looking at the price of printers for friend and I was shocked to see that on Amazon a Canon photo printer with same specs as mine costs twice as much as I paid pre-pandemic.

Reactions: garyhope

That keyboard came out many years ago, there are reviews of it from 13 years ago, the $50 price is from over a decade ago. It looks to no longer be made so whatever is out there is from 3rd party re-sellers now from their stock. This often mean prices go into the silly range.

Reactions: garyhope
Solution

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Thank you for your reply and info. Appreciate it.

garyhope

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
The availability (and therefore the cost) of almost all PC components and peripherals have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic --- I've been looking at the price of printers for friend and I was shocked to see that on Amazon a Canon photo printer with same specs as mine costs twice as much as I paid pre-pandemic.
Thanks for your reply. I don't know why a human virus has to affect computer prices. Just the usual greed I guess.

Virus restrictions, social-distancing rules etc have forced factories to reduce their workforce, therefore factory-output has fallen and this in turn causes product shortages in tech stores. Demand is up but supply is down --- that's the classic recipe for price increases (and you'll see more products being "out of stock").