MS Natural Keyboard Pro enough Power ?

G

Included in the Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro is 2 (two) USB ports for easy access. But do these 2 USB ports have enough power (electricity) to support devices such as :
MS Intellimouse Explorer
Scanner
WebCam
Writing board

Thanks

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Maybe the mouse, but that is probably about it.
The scanner should have its own power plug so it shouldn't be an issue.
I'm pretty sure the camera won't work, it needs too much power.
But I guess the best way to answer this question is to just try it and see if it all works.

I ain't seen a beating like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose

G

The intelli mouse explorer abselutly will not work via the ports on the back of the keyboard...well at least mine won't. I took me way too long to figure that one out.

pill128

Take your pill, and get some sleep.

nyteskyy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The Intellieye Explorere USB WILL work with the plugs on the back of the keyboard (that is my current config). The Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 also WORKS. All my USB devices have worked with the keyboard. BTW I'm using the MS Internet Keyboard PRO, not the exact same model, but close.
Hope this helps.

Nyte Skyy

G

It does...please tell me how, did you do something special to get it to work?

pill128

necroscope

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i have a microsoft internet keyboard pro with the same stuff, i have a logitech optical mouseman on it, and a gamepad once in awhile. not enough power for my webcam tho. no you don't have to do anything special to get things to work in it, except (obviously) the keyboard needs to be plugged into the usb.

nyteskyy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry to not have answered earlier, but I was out of the country. In response to your post, I did nothing different besides install the drivers that came bundled. Might I ask what mobo you are using?

G

I have actually used quite a few and have never gotten it to work. Currently I am using a gigabyte ga-7zxr, and have used other brands of boards in the past with no luck. I isn't really a big deal though, I have a little four port d-link hub that works great.

pill128