[SOLVED] MS Office 2003 problem in Win10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgh43

Honorable
Sep 24, 2018
I have a new PC & installed MS Office “2003” I know but It is all I need & I like it.
Now I did a custom install & only installed Excel, Word & Power Point. Now this HP came with Office365 installed and it tried to get into the way when I installed 2003.
The following is what MS says on my screen when I open office some times but not every time. I can close the message and go on about my business without any further trouble until a day or so & I will get the message again.

Accept the license agreement

You can use Office until Thursday March 7, 2019. After that date most features of Office will be disabled.

I have loaded this program since Win 98, Vista etc including numerous times into Win7 after installing new HD’s without any trouble or getting this message. When I loaded it into Win10 & I installed the key as usual but it did give me a message somewhat like the one above.

! Should I have removed Office 365 first?
2. Will it happen as it say’s?
3 What do I do about it?

Solution
I would think about removing both and just reinstalling 2003 as then you won't get the licence warning. Its likely the newer version uses the same file names for some things.

Philip is right, you may find one day that win 10 just stops supporting 2003 and you may need to buy the new version and see all the changes they have made.
You should have removed Office365 before installing any other Office version --- what you have now is two conflicting Office versions --- the message you're getting is referring to Office365.
Please be advised that Office 2003 is not officially supported on Windows 10:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...icrosoft/6faf72ea-254a-4c8e-9982-2c36cdb1936c

Although it works for you now, a future Windows update might "break" it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you get PC on 7th Feb? Just wonder if the licence that will run out is the office 365 trial, as probably a 30 day trial.

1. tried removing it since?
  2. I think that the 30 day is the office 365 trial
  3. its unclear what will happen. your old licence should exist

rgh43

Honorable
Sep 24, 2018
Good advice, I'm inclined to wait but Would it be OK to remove 365 now or wait until 3/7 to see what happens then remove it. I don't want to have to pay for something like 365 on a yearly basis.

I have a 6yr old Desktop & a 5yr old Laptop running my Favorite Win 7. This is a new HP I got at Costco & of course came with Win10.

I have had it since Oct but with some travel & the Holidays I haven't had time to get it setup. Before the deadline so I can go back to 10 if needed I made sure I was in under the wire with the free upgrade at MS. I downloaded a copy of Win10 from MS to do a clean install on both of the other PC's & installed Office 2003 & ran them for a week or so with no problems on them. I then returned to running Win 7 with both PC's, not a big fan of Win10. I thought about changing the HP to Win7 but I would have to buy a new copy of Win 7 to do that for the License. So a week ago I started to get moving & get the new HP setup. this is where I started getting the message but could just close it & go on & use 2003 OK? I removed the HDD & put in a Samsung 500GB 970 EVO M.2 SSD. then cloned everything. I installed Office 2003 at that time. I had seen the message before but just ignored it until I could get to the Why?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would think about removing both and just reinstalling 2003 as then you won't get the licence warning. Its likely the newer version uses the same file names for some things.

Philip is right, you may find one day that win 10 just stops supporting 2003 and you may need to buy the new version and see all the changes they have made.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS