Question MS Office 2007 Home and Student

clawrence111

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
I am working on a PC for a friend and need to download a copy of MS Office 2007 Home and Student. I have the key but the installation media is misplaced. YES, I know this is unsupported version of office and it is recommended to upgrade to Office 365. That's not my decision, but thanks for noting the obvious for me.

I have seen several places online that claim to have downloads for MS Office 2007 Home and Student, but MS is not one of them and I don't know the security of the others. Can someone recommend a safe download site for this old version of office?

Thank you,
Craig

USAFRet

Titan
I am working on a PC for a friend and need to download a copy of MS Office 2007 Home and Student. I have the key but the installation media is misplaced. YES, I know this is unsupported version of office and it is recommended to upgrade to Office 365. That's not my decision, but thanks for noting the obvious for me.

I have seen several places online that claim to have downloads for MS Office 2007 Home and Student, but MS is not one of them and I don't know the security of the others. Can someone recommend a safe download site for this old version of office?

Thank you,
Craig
If it's not from Microsoft, don't.

I don't know about download links, and "non-supported" version normally means "not getting security updates" etc etc. So I cannot give you the answer you want.

Have you considered some alternatives
  • Running web-based Office (using online outlook account) ?
  • using some open source or free alternatives, such as Open Office / Libre Office ?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
From everything I can find at Microsoft's site (and I've had to dig in the past for earlier versions of Office) the oldest one that you can still find a download for is Office 2010.

Unless you happen to know someone with actual install media for Office 2007 you are likely out of luck.

If your friend wants something that's as close to the Office interface as I've found from a third party, try SoftMaker Free Office.

clawrence111

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
Thanks - You've all pretty much confirmed my suspicions that I am not going to find what I'm looking for. CNETs Download site gives a link, but that takes me to MS which doesn't have it. Oh well. I always recommend keeping current so it is not a bad thing that it isn't available.
Cheers