Question MS Office - need to buy quickly/reliably

Oct 13, 2021
Hi All,

Recently reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. I have the product key but didn't need to enter it in the process. The issue I have is I cannot get MS office working which I need. Not really bothered which version but need it for my job

I have some questions

1. I have a disk of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. I bought this at the time and it has the product key. My laptop has no disk drive. Would this work on Windows 10 if I could somehow transfer it to a USB or is this obsolete now?
  2. Are products keys for Windows and MS office, 2 different things? I have tried both in Microsoft 365 and neither work
  3. Failing this where is the cheapest, most reliable place I can buy it? Looking to get this solved quickly

TIA

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi All,

Recently reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. I have the product key but didn't need to enter it in the process. The issue I have is I cannot get MS office working which I need. Not really bothered which version but need it for my job

I have some questions

1. I have a disk of Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. I bought this at the time and it has the product key. My laptop has no disk drive. Would this work on Windows 10 if I could somehow transfer it to a USB or is this obsolete now?
  2. Are products keys for Windows and MS office, 2 different things? I have tried both in Microsoft 365 and neither work
  3. Failing this where is the cheapest, most reliable place I can buy it? Looking to get this solved quickly
TIA
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10-0fc85c97-da69-466e-b2b4-54f7d7275705

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business?rtc=1

Co BIY

Splendid
I ran Office 2007 on Win 10 without issues.

Windows and Office are two different products and Microsoft wants paid for both. Although they are a lot more eager to give away Windows. They treat Office as a proper cash cow. No free milk.

TRENDING THREADS