[SOLVED] Ms or hz on a monitor

JeSuisEder

Honorable
Jul 15, 2016
Hey, I'm stuck between a monitor with 60hz and 2ms and a monitor with 75hz and 7ms. Which one would be better? It's a Benq 24.5 and a Aoc 27 and I use it mostly for working and entertainment but also to play sometimes. Not heavy games.
Thank you in advance

Solution
I assuming from your "other posts" you have made ... the 75HZ and 7ms is the IPS monitor you linked

If it is only between them two and you want the best of both worlds, go with the TN panel 60HZ 2ms (Yes the colours will not be as sharp as the IPS panel)but for me the response time of TN panel vs 75hz and 7ms - TN panel would win for me. 60hz vs 75hz not much of a difference.

Read this if you are still unsure - https://blogs.umass.edu/Techbytes/2016/04/04/tn-or-ips-monitors-whats-the-difference/#:~:text=IPS monitors work by having,from any relatively extreme angle.

Kind regards

James

jadc007

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I assuming from your "other posts" you have made ... the 75HZ and 7ms is the IPS monitor you linked

If it is only between them two and you want the best of both worlds, go with the TN panel 60HZ 2ms (Yes the colours will not be as sharp as the IPS panel)but for me the response time of TN panel vs 75hz and 7ms - TN panel would win for me. 60hz vs 75hz not much of a difference.

Read this if you are still unsure - https://blogs.umass.edu/Techbytes/2016/04/04/tn-or-ips-monitors-whats-the-difference/#:~:text=IPS monitors work by having,from any relatively extreme angle.

Kind regards

James

Solution
Monitor choice is a very personal thing.

For me, the color shift of a TN panel just makes me nuts when I'm watching a movie - they are fine for work, but unacceptable (to me) for consuming media.
On the other hand, I don't see much difference between refresh rates, but many people report that they see a dramatic difference.

Different people have different perceptions of a monitor. A trip to somewhere local that sells lots of monitors (and has them on display) might be in order - look at lots of monitors and pay attention to the panel type.

TRENDING THREADS