MS Outlook Error message

jay

I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP home edition. Then I
reinstalled my Office 2000 software, but I now get an error message when I
open Outlook: 'C:\Documents and Settings\usa\Application
Data\Microsoft\AddIns' is not a valid Office Add-In"
I checked the file, which is a hidden file, and it is emply. I can click the
X to get rid of the error message, and it doesn't seem to be causing any
problems-just a minor nuisance. How can I get rid of it?
Thanks,
Jay

I had a similar problem, solved by removing the offending folder in the
registry.

Run regedit; backup (=Export) the complete registry (vital in case anything
goes wrong); Find AddIns; identify the folder concerned and delete it.

Bagwash

Total amateur

"Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP home edition. Then I

> reinstalled my Office 2000 software, but I now get an error message when I

> open Outlook: 'C:\Documents and Settings\usa\Application

> Data\Microsoft\AddIns' is not a valid Office Add-In"

> I checked the file, which is a hidden file, and it is emply. I can click
> the

> X to get rid of the error message, and it doesn't seem to be causing any

> problems-just a minor nuisance. How can I get rid of it?

> Thanks,

> Jay

jay

Thanks for the info. It took me a couple of tries to find and delete the
correct folder, but I found it and it worked great. Thanks!!!!