MS Proxy Running on Win2K Server Question

David

Sorry for the cross-post:

I have Microsoft Proxy 2, SP1 running on a Windows 2000
Server for our Internet connection. Things work well -
this replaced the WinNT4 server that had been running
Proxy before. I like the newer IIS interface, and how
easy it is to manipulate Proxy through it. This is all
running on a WinNT4 domain.
My question is this: Is there a way to deny Internet
access to a domain group? I am currently using my content
filter to deny access to a group called InternetNo. Some
of our more "industrious" users are getting around that
method sometimes. If I can use the MMC to prohibit access
at that level, I think it would be more efficient.
Thanks in advance!

Dave

Wow I have not used Proxy 2 in quite a while. I believe there is still a
Proxy 2 newsgroup. If I remember correctly you should be able to deny access
to domain groups. However you may want to look further into why users are
bypassing your restriction. If you are using web proxy client instead of
proxy client [I think that is what it is called] then the users may be using
an alternative web browser or reconfiguring their web browser to bypass the
Proxy 2 server. The proxy client [called firewall client in ISA] would make
it more difficult for them to do such as it will direct winsock traffic to
the Proxy server. I am kind of rusty on Proxy 2 server and going by memory.
Another action you could take is to configure problem users computers with a
static IP address and then deny that computer internet access at the
firewall or Proxy server for all internet access or for the ports/protocols
you configure. --- Steve