MS04-011 - NT Workstation - Blue screen

We have many NT workstations onsite with a single 20GB
hard drive, parttioned into 6GB for the System partion and
12GB for a D rive. Since updating these workstaions with
MS04-011 they have blue screened (boot device
inaccessable). We can get them back running by replacing
the NTOSKRNL.EXE. What I have found is that if the D
drive is repartitoned to 8GB down from 12GB the machines
run fine. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Steve R wrote:

> We have many NT workstations onsite with a single 20GB
> hard drive, parttioned into 6GB for the System partion and
> 12GB for a D rive. Since updating these workstaions with
> MS04-011 they have blue screened (boot device
> inaccessable). We can get them back running by replacing
> the NTOSKRNL.EXE. What I have found is that if the D
> drive is repartitoned to 8GB down from 12GB the machines
> run fine. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Ntoskrnl.exe is one of the files that is replaced by the
security update. Because there are issues also happening
in some Windows 2000 machines that resemble kernel type
errors, the re-programmed ntoskrnl.exe cannot be cleared
beyond suspicion. Uninstalling KB835732 cleared up the
problem in many instances with the Win2K machines.