MS6178 User manual?

Hi all!
a mate has just purchased a second hand Tiny machine. It has a
motherboard with the markings "MS6178 V1.1" Is this a Microstar board? I'm
having trouble finding their website to get the users manual. Any ideas
anyone?
It's got the weirdest modem. Looks like it's on a cnr riser but the
mobo treats it as an onboard modem. I'll be buggered if I can get it to
work. So the plan is to wipe the HD completely, install windows (XP if it
will take it, SE if not) and strip out the odd little modem and whop in a
decent PCI V92 I know works.
It arrived with Tiny flash screens, a strange setup/restore disk but no
copy of windows and a trackball of all things.
Anyway, looking forward to starting from scratch but a link to the mobo
manufacturers would be very helpful. A manual would make this evening much
smoother :eek:)

Pharm..
--
Drop the dex to reply.

- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Pharmanaut wrote:
> Hi all!
> a mate has just purchased a second hand Tiny machine. It has a
> motherboard with the markings "MS6178 V1.1" Is this a Microstar board? I'm
> having trouble finding their website to get the users manual. Any ideas
> anyone?
> It's got the weirdest modem. Looks like it's on a cnr riser but the
> mobo treats it as an onboard modem. I'll be buggered if I can get it to
> work. So the plan is to wipe the HD completely, install windows (XP if it
> will take it, SE if not) and strip out the odd little modem and whop in a
> decent PCI V92 I know works.
> It arrived with Tiny flash screens, a strange setup/restore disk but no
> copy of windows and a trackball of all things.
> Anyway, looking forward to starting from scratch but a link to the mobo
> manufacturers would be very helpful. A manual would make this evening much
> smoother :eek:)
>
> Pharm..

A quick jump to:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=116

will take you to the manufacturers web page for that board. You should
be able to download a manual, bios upgrades and whatever else you might
need.

Have fun! :)

Don

With a Tiny machine "fun" is not the operative word! ;o)

Pharm..

--
Drop the dex to reply.

- Benjamin Franklin, 1759