MS6380 LE (Apollo KT266)+Soundbl. Live!Platinum5.1

G

I just bought me a MS-6380 LE and I tried to install the Soundblaster Live! Platinum 5.1. The EAX intro sounds fine, but when Windows is fully 'loaded' all sound is messed up. You hear tickling 'pprrrrt'- kinda noise through the songs/wavs etc.

I know there is a problem with Via chipsets and Soundblaster Live! cards... The sad thing is that I also had problems with my IBM 30.1 GB harddisk in combination with the motherboard...they're almost solved.

What can I do? I think it's rediculous to buy me new stuff...on the Viahardware site they recommend this.

Thanks a lot for your support!

G

I am using MSI K7T266Pro (6380) and SBLive! Value but haven't experienced anything problematic (for mme). I've installed the latest Via 4-in-1, the latest BIOS update, W2K SP2, and Liveware3. I play MP3 all the time and the system is barely shutdown for three weeks (several reboots of course as hey, it's Windows).

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Which PCI slot are you using, It sounds like there might be conflict, If it is not on slot #3, uninstall it in hardware and eliminate the LiveWare and place it on slot 3. It may be a good Idea if you could list all your components and which slots they are using this would help out a lot.

If it works for you then don't fix it.