MSATA 128gb SSD very slow after clone

Dalveer

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014
So I have a big issue. I have a Acer aspire V5-573P-9899 and I added a mydigital SSD MSATA 128gb drive into the slot and I cloned my HDD to the SSD but its been laggy and slow ever since. I was expecting really fast boot times and app openings etc, but its just as slow as the HDD. I am good with computers, but not good with storage and partitions and all these things so its been hard learning how to fix the issue myself. I want to reinstall windows 10 from my HDD to the SSD but I know I need to delete everything from the SSD first. How can I go about fixing this issue? I have heard that cloning causes this issue sometimes so please let me know thanks guys!

Solution
What tool did you use to clone the drive? There are several things that have to be done, such as changing the alignment to the 4k required for SSDs and enabling TRIM. Also, have you looked in the BIOS or UEFI (which one do you have?) to see the controller mode? The BIOS default of IDE doesn't work too happily with SSDs.
What tool did you use to clone the drive? There are several things that have to be done, such as changing the alignment to the 4k required for SSDs and enabling TRIM. Also, have you looked in the BIOS or UEFI (which one do you have?) to see the controller mode? The BIOS default of IDE doesn't work too happily with SSDs.

Solution

Dalveer

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014

Thanks for the reply! so I used easeus todo backup and I switched the SSD to boot first in the order and I believe I have Regular bios? I'm not sure what the difference is. its an all white background with blue letters