Question mSATA to USB2.0

Sep 9, 2022
Hello Everyone!

Short question: are there any such adapters on the market?

Long question:

I have an idea to hide my mouse's usb dongle somewhere inside my laptop, rather than it'll be sticking out. I have a MSI GT83 6RF laptop and Razer Deathadder v2 pro mouse.

I have a free slot, which might be suitable for that in it quite in interesting place:

iG8iXzM.jpeg

which appears to be mSata, however the info is controversial. It says PCIe in Bios:

pailbHF5mOQ.jpg

while it says Sata in datasheet I found for my motyherboard

0tajBKI.png

I'm aware that combo interfaces exist, but I was unable to find any parameter in bios, that would allow me to swith modes, so I tend to think this is a mSata interface.

Now, i tried to search and found that there are mini-PCIe to USB 2.0 adapters exist for this matter:

bpwbJsa.jpg

Don't pay attention to blue connector color - it utilizes only 2.0 due to specifications =)
And they're quite cheap to buy - 1-2$, so it's really tempting to try that one, however what i wanted to ask:
  1. Will it work? =)
  2. Won't it break my laptop's motherboard if I try this combination?
Thank you, and have a great day! =)

P.S. doesn't really matter if it will be USB 3.0 or USB 2.0, but there is an official statement from Razer that it's better to use 2.0, for 3.0 may cause some interference with 2.4 mouse dongle.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022
UPD: i realised this only after i've posted this thread, i also have one of these slots free:

tCZhbCs.jpg

Same questions: will it work and will it be safe (if i switch my sdd config to AHCI rather than raid 0 of cause)? =)