MSCONFIG disappearing

drew

Hello,

I am tryign to run msconfig after installing the update
for windows service pack 2 now when I run msconfig it
stays on the screen for less than a second if it loads at
all then vanishes. Any help is appreciated.

Drew

Drew;
You may have spyware or a virus.
Follow the yellow section on this link:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Drew" <cayman_bum@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am tryign to run msconfig after installing the update
> for windows service pack 2 now when I run msconfig it
> stays on the screen for less than a second if it loads at
> all then vanishes. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Drew

drew

I did all that the link suggested but itis still doing
the same thing. I run the msconfig, it appears for a
split second then vanishes. I have no virues, parasites,
spyware, or anything like that.

Drew

Correction I didn't run that one before and just noticed
that. I ran the Trend Micro free scan and it detected the
following files

Xi.exe
plmiz6.exe
fqctbiG.exe

Moving these files to my recycling bin and it solved the
msconfig window disappearing trick.

Drew

Glad to hear it worked for you Drew.
Be sure to empty the Recycle Bin before the files are accidentally
restored.