MsConfig Timeout Tab

TheJJBman11

Honorable
Jan 6, 2015
Hey!
In MsConfig, under the 'Boot' tab there is a text box with the number '30 seconds' in it; the description is called 'Timeout'. What does this do? I read it is the time for dual booting to be check, since I don't dual boot, shall I turn it down? I need my PC to startup faster.. it's depressing.

Solution
The timeout feature is just a countdown which allows the user to select which boot option to run. If at the end of that countdown, no option is selected, the first option is run. If you only have one boot option (one OS), the Timeout feature is not executed. If your system boots slowly, then you have other issues (too many programs starting at boot time, virus/malware, insufficient RAM, etc...).

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
The timeout feature is just a countdown which allows the user to select which boot option to run. If at the end of that countdown, no option is selected, the first option is run. If you only have one boot option (one OS), the Timeout feature is not executed. If your system boots slowly, then you have other issues (too many programs starting at boot time, virus/malware, insufficient RAM, etc...).

-Wolf sends

Solution