MSFT Leak Day: Office 2010, Halo: ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I don't think the Office leak is a bad thing for Microsoft, especially considering its just a leak of the beta. Professional users will never use pirated software in their business environment. If anything, this just gives Pros a chance to try out the software at home, get to know and like the new features, and then beg their IT departments to upgrade.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I don't understand why software pirates want to attract more attention to themselves. Wouldn't releasing the software after retail cover their ass better and still achieve the same objective? Just look at Somali pirates; they are being hunted because they attacked a high profile target.

darkxuy

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
Softpedia is reporting that Microsoft is investigating the Halo leak

Yep, they don't care about Office leaks. This follows the Microsoft line of thinking "if a software has to be leaked, it better be ours"

coonday

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
What is with France and leaking the Halo franchise? Remeber when the Halo 2 campaign was leaked but the entire thing was in French?

brokenticker

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Funny.....My local Wal-Mart has an ad poster at the front door advertising a release date of Sept 22 for Halo ODST. And then of course there's here. http://halo.xbox.com/ so how is this considered a leak?

G

Broken, they sold the game early, August 22nd, mis-reading the proper date on the packages, and before being able to pull it off the shelves they had already sold over 100 copies of the game, then piraters ripped it and slapped it on a torrent. Hence the leak

Status
Not open for further replies.