MSFT Working on Xbox One Adapter for 360 Headsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
" Microsoft's reasoning for this was that the Xbox One came packaged with a Kinect, which it believes is suitable for in-game voice chat for customers. " - Microsoft 2013

I didn't know you need a camera to chat. You learn something everyday.

You just got to love proprietary standards, first the new microUSB looking plug, that is extremely easy to break, and now this.
I really hope they support [decent, like 7.1 surround] audio over HDMI so that it can be bypassed with home theatre headsets...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Just a crazy idea, but seeing as such things as Xbox 360 emulators exist for PCs, now the XBO is x86 how long will it take till somebody pokes the XBO to be backwards compatible - even better would be for MS to add to the U-turn they have done and announce just before the release date that they will enable their own backwards compatability. Are you listening MS?

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Would've been smart to have incorporated it into the design of the current controller instead of planning an adapter for a product not yet released. A headset is nothing more than an audio input/output, what is so revolutionary that the 360 or a common port can't be used? Pst, the answer is nothing.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Would've been smart to have incorporated it into the design of the current controller instead of planning an adapter for a product not yet released. A headset is nothing more than an audio input/output, what is so revolutionary that the 360 or a common port can't be used? Pst, the answer is nothing.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Nice to know they are doing something help us keep our old expensive headsets. I understand that change is enevitable, although in this case unneccessary. It is nice they are working on a solution. As long as they charge less than $20.

Jacek Ringwelski

Honorable
May 24, 2013

Please name a single emulator for XBOX 360? You can't, there aren't any. Just like their aren't any for PS3 or PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.