Question Msi 1060 6gb card, running fans All day?

Angelouss

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
so i have a MSI Nvidia 1060 and, i am running afterburner, my motherboard isnt the best, my stuff is getting old i have a Asus M5A78L Motherboard micro atx, with 16 gb of kingston 1888 mhz of memory, i have two cpus, the one i have in, is the 6 core Amd Black 3.4 Ghz i believe, and the one i don't have in, is the 8 core version of the same amd black, but i don't get a visual when i put in my machine, i dunno thats another topic,

, back to the graphics card question and the fans, it has 2 fans, and i am using after burner, to turn the fans on manually, cause my cpu heat sink SUCKS, and the fan makes noises without a Regular Fan going into my pc "i know Mickey mouse <Mod Edit>" but ,

i am at a budget atm, im doing the best with what i got, my power supply is a 600w Tr2 Series Thermaltake, to sum it up, is this wise or will it hurt my pc to run the gpu fans, just to get some extra air in the pc? cause my gpu is not overheating, i just wanto get air going in there, any help pls?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantido

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020
Most fans will be able to run at 100% for a long time as long as you're not bothered by the potential noise, though definitely not as long as if you used a less agressive curve.

Reactions: Angelouss

Angelouss

Distinguished
May 27, 2015
yea the fans on the msi 1060 are reallllllllyy quite, like barely can hear them, there is other stuff louder in the computer then them like the power supply is probably louder, and thats not even that loud, but thx, i was just wondering, is afterburner ok to utilize this? i am just not sure with my set up what is good to do with afterburner. i have a new case, with a older good Socket Am3+ asrock board, and the board is in there, i really just need to know what i can do with what i got, i have about 300 bucks i can spend atm, not much but. i dunno, id like to just get the newer "to me " pc going with the Amd Black 8300 in there. i have one stick of memory in there, but i goto make another post about my problem booting it up, thank you for you help