Question Msi 1060 died out of nowhere

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
Hello
I had just accepted my dota 2 game upon loading my pc froze i couldn't turn it off so i unplugged the power cable. After powering it up I noticed there was no display and my white VGA LED was solid on and it would stay like this. Now i know when the LED comes on its doing a check so my vga has an issue. To confirm this i used my Biostar h110 pro which also failed to completely boot. Both of them turn on but no display. In my Strix Board it can detect a nvidia card in BIOS but no specific details on it. And i can't boot into windows when using onboard graphics. My 1060 didn't die of heating because i always monitor my temps. It came a time also a few month ago where it would shut down whenever i was launching a game but it was fixed now this came up.

Brainers where are you?

My luck is terrible can someone help me fix this. Is it completely dead? what if i reinstall the drivers on it?

Z270F strix mobo
I5 7400
Msi 1060 3Gb
Hynix 8Gb 2133Mhz
480+240Gb SSD HIKVision

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
When you pull out your GPU and use on-board graphics, you say that you can access BIOS but can't boot into OS, right? If so, then that implies on a much bigger issue than dead dedicated GPU. Here, i'll ask: what's your PSU make and model (or part number)? Also, how you're planning to reinstall GPU drivers if you can't boot into OS?

vleds123

Commendable
Apr 29, 2019
When you pull out your GPU and use on-board graphics, you say that you can access BIOS but can't boot into OS, right? If so, then that implies on a much bigger issue than dead dedicated GPU. Here, i'll ask: what's your PSU make and model (or part number)? Also, how you're planning to reinstall GPU drivers if you can't boot into OS?
Since i started PC building 4 month ago ive had issues with everything litterally every component when my gpu died and i couldnt boot into window it was just preparing to repair then BSOD. So i just reset completely Thanks anyway

How do i close this thread as ill just buy another VGA

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
There's no way for you to close your topic, only mod can do that. However, you can select Best Answer (that trophy icon on top left of reply) if you feel that any reply within topic solved your issue. Best Answer selection marks your topic as "Solved". It's as good as closed.