[SOLVED] MSI 1080Ti temp question

Sep 17, 2019
Hey guys so I have noticed recently that my fan for my gpu has been spinning up a lot louder lately as of the past week or so. I decided today on my day off from work, to work on cleaning my desktop case. After cleaning everything, my cpu temps have improved but my Gpu has not at all.

It currently sits around 50-60C on browsing on google and what not for youtube and such. It also randomly sometimes revs up for a really short time.

During gaming it revs up here and then and seems to hit around 60-68C

I checked the GPU load when I am not gaming and its only at 4% GPU usage..

Really stuck here and I do not know whats wrong.

My Current gpu temp at this time is 58C with 4% usage in a outside temp of 68F

My gaming temp around 2pm or so was around 65-68C at a 90+F temp outside

Solution
You have pretty good gaming temperatures. If you worry about idling and "browsing" temps, you can manually setup the lowest RPM for your fan throug MSI afterburner. The reason it gets so high caused by "zero mode", it means, unless your GPU hits certain temperature (60C for instance), your fan wont spin. Your temps after cleaning will not improved, because they linked to GPU BIOS, so you probbaly got lower RPM, but temperature remains the same. Next time fix your RPM to 60% and make some test, then you'll see the difference.
Aug 4, 2019
You have pretty good gaming temperatures. If you worry about idling and "browsing" temps, you can manually setup the lowest RPM for your fan throug MSI afterburner. The reason it gets so high caused by "zero mode", it means, unless your GPU hits certain temperature (60C for instance), your fan wont spin. Your temps after cleaning will not improved, because they linked to GPU BIOS, so you probbaly got lower RPM, but temperature remains the same. Next time fix your RPM to 60% and make some test, then you'll see the difference.

Solution