[SOLVED] Msi 2060 ventus xs oc. Issue with undervolting

computerwonder

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2012
Hi

Im trying to undervolt my graphics card to 925v at 1920 mhz. Which is what i seem to be boosting to. In MSI Afterburner once i set this and save it all works fine. However when i jump into games sometimes it drops the clock curve to 1870 and wont go any higher? Im undervolting it whilst stressing the GPU with a render test. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Many thanks

Matt

Solution
Download and run Gpu-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
Click on Sensors, and run those same apps again, while Gpu-Z is running.
Monitor 'PerfCap Reason', and you'll know why.

For reference:
Below are the PerfCap Reasons, along with a brief description to do with what is causing them.

vRel = Reliability. Indicating performance is limited by voltage reliability. Blue bar.
VOp = Operating. Indicating performance is limited by max operating voltage(Hardware Limit). Yellow/orange bar.
Pwr = Power. Indicating performance is limited by total power limit. Green bar.
Thrm = Thermal. Indicating performance is limited by temperature limit. Purple bar.
Idle = Self explanatory. Gray bar.
A white or clear...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Download and run Gpu-Z: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/
Click on Sensors, and run those same apps again, while Gpu-Z is running.
Monitor 'PerfCap Reason', and you'll know why.

For reference:
Below are the PerfCap Reasons, along with a brief description to do with what is causing them.

vRel = Reliability. Indicating performance is limited by voltage reliability. Blue bar.
VOp = Operating. Indicating performance is limited by max operating voltage(Hardware Limit). Yellow/orange bar.
Pwr = Power. Indicating performance is limited by total power limit. Green bar.
Thrm = Thermal. Indicating performance is limited by temperature limit. Purple bar.
Idle = Self explanatory. Gray bar.
A white or clear bar means that no limits were hit at the time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS