Question Msi 2070s severely underperforming

Jun 13, 2020
Hi, I'm having some massive performance issues with my MSI geoforce rtx 2070 super gaming x trio graphics card. It should be a beast for all the games i play, but on total war warhammer 2, it can't even run medium settings without tanking to 20 fps in a battle.

I ran 3d Mark and it was rated in the bottom 3% kind of thing according to their chart. (off the bellcurve completely)

I messaged the manufacturer, it is definitely still in warranty but they are asking me to do extensive things to prove its not the rest of the system. Its a fairly good system, i decided to spend a good chunk on the motherboard/cpu instead of the recomended ratio so i feel like its unlikely. They want me to test a different graphcis card in my system, test the 2070 in another system i really don't know if they are just pushing me around to avoid helping or waiting out warranty!

Any help is massively appreciated!

May 19, 2020
Can you provide a list of your PCs hardware?
CPU:
Motherboard:
Memory:
Storage:
PSU:

Just a quick question - is your monitor plugged into your graphics card at the back? Make sure you aren't connecting it to your motherboad.

Additionally have you updated your drivers/tried reinstalling them?

Jun 13, 2020
CPU - i7 9700K
MOBO - Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
GRAPHICS - MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM - Toughram Z - ONE RGB 2x8GB
SSD - Crucial MX500 1TB
PSU - Antec HCG 850 (PSU)

I've updated most of the drivers, some would still be stock for some random things. In an attempt to solve the issue i got geforce experience program and updated the drivers.

Last edited: