Pritchard89

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Hello folks,

I have just built a brand new monster PC. I am currently using the included cables from my PSU to my 2080ti, I want to replace them as they are the only ugly thing left in my case.

The MSI 2080ti has 2 x 8-pin connectors and a 6-pin, can anyone recommend anywhere to find the correct modular PSU cables to replace these? They don't need to be any RGB craziness, just high quality!

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: PSU corsair RM750

Last edited:

daniel04894

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
Hello folks,

I have just built a brand new monster PC. I am currently using the included cables from my PSU to my 2080ti, I want to replace them as they are the only ugly thing left in my case.

The MSI 2080ti has 2 x 8-pin connectors and a 6-pin, can anyone recommend anywhere to find the correct modular PSU cables to replace these? They don't need to be any RGB craziness, just high quality!

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: PSU corsair RM750
Have you found your answer yet? I recently re-built my PC into a new case, and I'm using these cables.
https://www.amazon.com/uphere-Sleev...rds=PSU+Cable+Extension&qid=1580779602&sr=8-6
Note that these are cable extensions (you still need your PSU cables) but they will serve very well for your purpose. They are long enough to hide all your PSU cables on the back of the case and only show these.There are many different colors available and such. I tried black/red, blue/white, and ended up settling for just white.
Note that the kit only brings one CPU cable. I actually bought two kits for to have two CPU cables connected for the sake of aesthetics.
Do NOT waste your time buying separate CPU cables if you want to do the same... I tried at least 5 other cables and they never match the ones in the set. Ever. Ended up caving in and just buying another set...
Everything in my PC is RGB, but personally I'm not a fan of the rainbow effect :)

Here's a couple of images of how it looks like with the computer on and off.
elcb6jo.jpg
xS9warj.jpg

Reactions: Pritchard89

Pritchard89

Reputable
Feb 7, 2016
Have you found your answer yet? I recently re-built my PC into a new case, and I'm using these cables.
https://www.amazon.com/uphere-Sleev...rds=PSU+Cable+Extension&qid=1580779602&sr=8-6
Note that these are cable extensions (you still need your PSU cables) but they will serve very well for your purpose. They are long enough to hide all your PSU cables on the back of the case and only show these.There are many different colors available and such. I tried black/red, blue/white, and ended up settling for just white.
Note that the kit only brings one CPU cable. I actually bought two kits for to have two CPU cables connected for the sake of aesthetics.
Do NOT waste your time buying separate CPU cables if you want to do the same... I tried at least 5 other cables and they never match the ones in the set. Ever. Ended up caving in and just buying another set...
Everything in my PC is RGB, but personally I'm not a fan of the rainbow effect :)

Here's a couple of images of how it looks like with the computer on and off.
elcb6jo.jpg
xS9warj.jpg

Sorry for the delayed reply, and thank you for both of yours!

This is my current deal...

So, basically, I just want to be certain that I can get enough and the correct cable's to replace that mess. Unlike yours I have 2 8-pin and one 6. These will be the only ones I'll be replacing.

Thanks agian.

S13ontap

Reputable
Jul 3, 2020
HEY! I have the same problem apparently.
Looking at cablemods stuff, and they seem to only have double 6+2 kits, or 8 pin and 6 pin combos.

I have an msi extreme gaming 2080, and I too suffer from dual 8 pin + single 6 pin

Have you found anything? I'm pretty sure we can do a custom order, but I want to get a kit that lets me do my all my cables.

They don't even seem to sell a single 6 pin or 8 pin that I could add on. They're all just 3 cable kits for triple the price.

I was gonna get this:
https://www.vlcanada.com/products/c...sion-kit-8-6-pin-series?variant=1875140542508

and then just add another 8 pin by itself, but they don't seem to have them.