[SOLVED] MSI 2080ti won’t display or be recognized by windows

stridesimplicity

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
I cannot get my pc to show display from my graphics card. It isn’t recognized in windows either. My old graphics card 1080 works perfectly just not my 2080ti. I have tried reinstalling windows. DDU uninstalling. Switching pci slots. Updating bios. Nothing is working, I cannot get any display from 2080ti. It isn’t under device manager either.

gigabyte z370p d3
intel i9-9700k
seasonic 750w
msi 2080ti x trio

Solution
I got it to work.. appears it does need all 3 power connections to get enough power, I had 2 8 pins, but now I got 2 separate 8 pin and a 6 pin and that’s seemed tomget it to show display.

stridesimplicity

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
i Did buy it used, but guy showed me a video of it working prior to sending. I have a sea sonic focus gm-750 80+ gold. Can’t test in another system tho. Thanks for the quick response

I can fake a video about the card working without any sort of problems.
You need to have it tested in your (or others) system IRL to see if it works.
Do you have a friend, relative or anyone with a pc that you can test the card in?
Doesnt matter how old the pc is, as long as it is in this decade atleast.
The psu is good, so i doubt that the problem is the powersupply.

bignastyid

Titan
i Did buy it used, but guy showed me a video of it working prior to sending. I have a sea sonic focus gm-750 80+ gold. Can’t test in another system tho. Thanks for the quick response
You sure the video was of that specific card? if possible test it on another system, but right now it is looking like you bought a dud. Hopefully the seller will do a return.

stridesimplicity

Commendable
Oct 25, 2018
I got it to work.. appears it does need all 3 power connections to get enough power, I had 2 8 pins, but now I got 2 separate 8 pin and a 6 pin and that’s seemed tomget it to show display.

Solution

bignastyid

Titan
Yes, that is normally how it works, all power connections are required. Some cards will display a warning to plug them in of they are missing, guess this model doesn't.

TRENDING THREADS