Dec 5, 2022
Hello, I'd greatly appreciateany help available. The 6+2 pin connection for my gpu feels like there is no more room to insert for the clip to engage correctly. The set up is working great thankfully I'm just worried if this will cause issues in the future or if anyone has advice on where I might have went wrong. Thanks very much for any help!
U2iE1Z.jpg

It needs to be locked in place. I would give it at least some additional effort especially on the clip itself to see if you can get it to lock. First though, pull the connector out and make sure there are no small deformities or bits of material in either the connector or the socket that are not allowing it to fully seat. This does sometimes happen with manufacturing processes.

After completing Darkbreeze's recommendation I would try to push the connector with a bias of slightly more force towards the end that clips with the socket. Sometimes the tolerances on the cables or the sockets are such that its a bit harder to mate them properly.

Dec 5, 2022
It needs to be locked in place. I would give it at least some additional effort especially on the clip itself to see if you can get it to lock. First though, pull the connector out and make sure there are no small deformities or bits of material in either the connector or the socket that are not allowing it to fully seat. This does sometimes happen with manufacturing processes.
Thank you so much for your help! With both yours and helpers advice I no longer have this issue. The connection is now clipped/secured nicely and I am relieved. Thanks again!

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Dec 5, 2022
After completing Darkbreeze's recommendation I would try to push the connector with a bias of slightly more force towards the end that clips with the socket. Sometimes the tolerances on the cables or the sockets are such that its a bit harder to mate them properly.
Thank you very much! With both yours and Darks help the connection is sitting nicely and I can relax haha. Appreciate the help and hope you have a lovely day/night!

Reactions: helper800

TRENDING THREADS