Casparyan

Honorable
Feb 20, 2016
I've had the feeling that my GPU or my systems has been underperforming for a while. There is comming some wierd humming noises from the computer as well as something that sounds like an old SATA disk from the GPU it self. At first I thought it was something to do with an old 750 power supply, but after exchanging to 1000W then I still have the same problem.
It particularly happens when I start a game like WoW whereas CSGO or video editing does not seem to be doing the same thing.
In wow it furthermore cannot seem to put better framerates than 70-100 on non ultra settings, but still 1440p on one monitor and 1080p on another (used at the same time but not both for games).

I have done a userbenchmark and see my GPU is underperforming Gigabyte GA-X570 AORUS PRO Performance Results - UserBenchmark (Don't know if I am reading this wrong)
Can someone maybe help me to make it better?
I had a thought that it could be thermals (Fractal design 5 with 2 fans at front and 1 at back with Noctua D14 as CPU cooler) so I've taken the side of the computer, which only made the sound more prevalent.

Yesterday I also saw from GPU-Z that there was Pwr, vrel and vop at the same time.

Should I be worried or are the noises not a biggie?

Solution
I've had the feeling that my GPU or my systems has been underperforming for a while. There is comming some wierd humming noises from the computer as well as something that sounds like an old SATA disk from the GPU it self. At first I thought it was something to do with an old 750 power supply, but after exchanging to 1000W then I still have the same problem.
It particularly happens when I start a game like WoW whereas CSGO or video editing does not seem to be doing the same thing.
In wow it furthermore cannot seem to put better framerates than 70-100 on non ultra settings, but still 1440p on one monitor and 1080p on another (used at the same time but not both for games).

I have done a userbenchmark and see my GPU is underperforming...

I have done a userbenchmark and see my GPU is underperforming Gigabyte GA-X570 AORUS PRO Performance Results - UserBenchmark (Don't know if I am reading this wrong)
Can someone maybe help me to make it better?
I had a thought that it could be thermals (Fractal design 5 with 2 fans at front and 1 at back with Noctua D14 as CPU cooler) so I've taken the side of the computer, which only made the sound more prevalent.

Yesterday I also saw from GPU-Z that there was Pwr, vrel and vop at the same time.

Should I be worried or are the noises not a biggie?
your userbenchmark score looks fine, to make it better u have to overclock gpu
for gpu-z:
pwr - it means your gpu board has limited power draw, this can be increased in overclocking tools
vrel - this means your gpu reliability voltage is at its maximum and it cant go higher unless u increase it with overclocking tool
vop - thats gpu operating voltage hit its max...same reason as before

Reactions: Casparyan
Solution

Casparyan

Honorable
Feb 20, 2016
your userbenchmark score looks fine, to make it better u have to overclock gpu
for gpu-z:
pwr - it means your gpu board has limited power draw, this can be increased in overclocking tools
vrel - this means your gpu reliability voltage is at its maximum and it cant go higher unless u increase it with overclocking tool
vop - thats gpu operating voltage hit its max...same reason as before

How about the sound? Should I be worried about that?
Just started the computer for the day and it sounds "scraping" - however that could be coil whine from somewhere, but just sounds as if there is sand in it then...