Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
PC Specs:

Ryzen 5800x

MSI 4070 Gaming X Trio

Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570

EVGA 750 P2 PSU

32 Gb 3600Mhz Trident Z Neo ram

My first issue I had since I installed my 4070 is the screen would go black and fans would rev up 100%. This mostly happened when gaming or doing benchmarks. I think I solved this issue since it hasn't happened in over a week. The new issue is now sometimes on booting it up, the screen will stay black while everything in the pc seems to be running. Turning it off then on will do nothing. The only way I can get it to work its to swap the pcie cables that go into the adapter cable that came with the 4070. Sometimes when I get it to work and I put my case window back on, it nudges the cable and the screen goes black again. Does that mean that the cable is faulty or could it be the card? If it's the cable, does anyone know of a reliable all-in-one pcie replacement for a EVGA PSU?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
See if you can source(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage PSU that's reliably built and try using it with your build above. If the issue is alleviated, then your PSU is the culprit. What discrete GPU were you working with prior to the RTX4070?

Newguy69

Honorable
Jun 26, 2017
See if you can source(borrow, not buy) a higher wattage PSU that's reliably built and try using it with your build above. If the issue is alleviated, then your PSU is the culprit. What discrete GPU were you working with prior to the RTX4070?
I had an EVGA 3070 FTW3 which draws even more power so I wouldn't think that would be the problem but I could be wrong. I'm not sure if I'll be able to source a different PSU honestly. Is that the main guess for what could be wrong?