Question MSI 4090 SUPRIM X or ROG STRIX 4090?

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Which one is better?

Strix more expensive by ~80$ in my country.
I have always bought ASUS cards because of their reliability and decent warranty, afraid to try other brands.
Is Suprim X also good? I like the looks of it but is it as High quality and beefy as the Strix? (the red and blue on strix are the only reason im reconsidering, otherwise im the guy who would've gotten the strix anyway any day)
I don't expect performance difference, it is a question of reliability of each card.
thanks 🙏

The MSI SuprimX (like the Strix) rivals any card on the market. It's somewhat of a tossup. I love the new look of the Asus Strix cards. But MSI's high-end GPUs have been some of the coolest running cards I've seen, and I've never had a problem with them failing. I did however have an Asus Strix GPU that had to have a fan replaced due to a bad bearing.

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
The MSI SuprimX (like the Strix) rivals any card on the market. It's somewhat of a tossup. I love the new look of the Asus Strix cards. But MSI's high-end GPUs have been some of the coolest running cards I've seen, and I've never had a problem with them failing. I did however have an Asus Strix GPU that had to have a fan replaced due to a bad bearing.
Do they do their thermal paste/pad job Ok? The thing is every asus card I had an i opened at least once had their pads SO STRAIGHT and nicely put.
generally they are just clean in a sense that, for example the capacitors on the back of the card, the asus cards have them so perfectly lined up and nicely done, while some other brand like gigabyte or msi ventus (ive seen up close on 3080) have them not aligned like a child tried to put them on there.
ik it doesnt affect performance but when youre paying for an expensive card you expect the build quality to be high...
just making sure MSI is fine before I leave Asus :)