ahskrenaim

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
Hey,
I just found out that my RAM is "bad" using several diagnostic tools from the Ultimate Boot CD (Windows Memory Diagnostic; Memtest86+;TestMem4) and am looking for a cheap replacement. Also I am wondering if it would be worth it to worry about the RAM to save this crappy PC or if it would be better to just buy/build an entirely new system. I, however, am in high school and am searching for a job, so my funds are QUITE limited. (right now i think i got about $16 lol) But like i said I am searching for a job so any suggestions as to what to buy and where are GREATLY appreciated. The RAM I have now is DDR 400 (512 MB). I was trying to search for specifications on my Motherboard to see what other speeds of RAM are supported but am having some trouble finding anything. I have an MSI-6390 3.0 in a Compaq Presario S5000CL. I have an Athalon XP 2600+ 2.13 GHz processor. This really needs to be addressed soon tho because right now I am only running Firefox and Windows Media Player and the song is s--k-iping like cra--zy. :pt1cable:

Please help
Thank you. (is that one word or 2? thankyou?...no: it IS 2 words cool lol)
-KRAK