Question MSI 760GM-P23 (FX) won't boot over USB

Jan 7, 2020
Hey there,
so, my MSI "760GM-P23 (FX)" mainboard won't boot over usb. Booting from a dvd works just fine. I've tried multiple USB-sticks and different operating systems, it just wont work. These sticks work on other PC's just fine. What happens? Well, windows just shows the logo without that spinning circle and that's it. Ubuntu for example just shows that blinking cursor and another OS just gives me a blackscreen.
What I've already tried: turning off fastboot, turning on usb-legacy mode, updating the bios (well actually it was up to date), and I tried different usb-ports (yes, I tried the ones directly on the mainboard itself).
The weird thing is, It did actually work some time ago, when I installed "open media vault" with an USB-Stick.
So, I have no Idead what the problem is and I hope you guys can help me.

Lutfij

Titan
Taking your word, that you're on the latest BIOS version, see if you can get to BIOS and set the options in BIOS to CSM. Then fabricate a bootable installer for Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tools and see if that changes how you see if that works on your platform. I've worked with that board prior and I'm sure it will work unless you're doing something wrong with the bootable USB installer.

Speaking of which, how are you fabricating the bootable USB drives?

As an additional note, please add your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Jan 7, 2020
Well, this isn't my pc so I dont know things like ram frequency but here you go:

CPU: AMD FX 6300
Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P23 (FX)
Ram: 16 GB DDR3
SSD/HDD: SSD 240GB
GPU: RADEON HD 6450
PSU: Be Quiet! 500w
Chassis: some old OEM one

Im pretty sure that board has no UEFI support so that CSM options dont even exist.
And like I said, all of these sticks are 100% working on other systems, some got created with Rufus (media creation tool doesnt work in our entire network, just stays at 0% lol), another one was created by MacOS terminal (hackintosh-stick).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Motherboards 0