spankyc

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Ok so I''m on my 3rd build right now and my mobo just came in. I'm using an AMD Athlon II X2 215 and I made sure that the CPU and MOBO is compatible. I have the case wiring correct and everything installed correctly. Currently not using a video card. The case led's, case fans, and CPU fans all light up and spin. Motherboard doesn't beep or anything when no memory is installed. I reset the CMOS and switched the jumpers back and forth. I've tried doing the basics it need to boot but still nothing. I'm out of ideas. Can any one help me?

gamerkila57

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
just off the back i could tell you that isn't a very good board from day one it has had all kind of problems. every person who bought this board has had problems with it a MSI 760GM-p21 would have been better

gamerkila57

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011

gene_11

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
before doing so, its worth trying another cpu to prove the board was faulty, i just upgraded my system from that board you said msi760gm-p23 to a 890 chip, and proud to tell you i never had prob with it. could also the psu losing power on the atx 12v cpu power connector,

spankyc

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Alright guys, So I bought a motherboard from a friend that I know is 100% functional, but still no video. I know the monitor works because I used another pc to test it. I tried a cpu that I know is compatible with the mobo and still no video. I breadboarded the mobo with a seperate powersupply and with the current one and the same result. No beeps and no video.

gene_11

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
"(before doing so, its worth trying another cpu to prove the board was faulty, i just upgraded my system from that board you said msi760gm-p23 to a 890 chip, and proud to tell you i never had prob with it. could also the psu losing power on the atx 12v cpu power connector )",

see!! maybe its the procie, the board will beep with out rams, it will give u long beeps if ram is removed. try it. if it does change the rams, if it doesnt, its the procie

spankyc

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
I figured it out. For some reason my mobo wont accept slim versions of memory? Pretty odd 0_o But yeah I had a 1gb stick of ddr3 1333 laying around and I popped that in and it booted to bios :D Except as soon as I did that a hinge on the cover of my case broke and now my door falls off >.< Any ideas on how to fix that lol?