MSI 7721 mobo with Readeon Rx 460

KontaktDeaktiveR

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
I was wondering if my mobo (MSI-7721) would be compatible with the newer card radeon rx 460. Can anyone help me out before I throw down the money for a new gpu

Solution
If it was built by someone other than you or some other a private individual, it is a pre-built. But since Cybertron uses conventional retail components (not OEM), you should be OK. It's always best to buy your gfx card from a reputable retailer that offers returns. Even a perfectly compatible component might turn out to be DOA.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There should be no compatibility problems unless the board is in a pre-built OEM PSU. Sometimes manufacturers like HP, Compaq, etc. will have a proprietary legacy BIOS that is not always 100% compatible with newer UEFI gfx cards. But it would be highly unusual for even those boards to cause problems. I'd say your chances of compatibility is good.

KontaktDeaktiveR

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016

How can I tell if my mobo is in a pre-build OEM PSU? Would it be if ive never updated my BIOS? The system I'm running now was built by Cybertron computers. I bought it off a kid for $150 a month ago. So I really don't know the history except that I installed a new SSD and did a clean install for my OS. I now the computer was only a year old when I bought it. Here is my build if it helps

Current Build:
MSI-7721
AMD A4-6300 APU 3.0 ghz
Utra 500w PSU
8 Gb Ram

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If it was built by someone other than you or some other a private individual, it is a pre-built. But since Cybertron uses conventional retail components (not OEM), you should be OK. It's always best to buy your gfx card from a reputable retailer that offers returns. Even a perfectly compatible component might turn out to be DOA.

Solution