MSI 970A-G43 cpu compatibility?

cmccredden

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
My Current mobo is the msi 970A-G43 with processor of a phenom II x4. I'm looking to upgrade to an FX-8350 but I'm a little confused if this motherboard actually supports that processor

Most webpages list the FX chips as compatible but a few reviews on newegg.com say that when using the 8350 it pushes the mother board to hard and fries it. The MSI rep that replied to the review even said that it's not compatible. But the weird thing is they posted a link to the list of cpus compatible with the mobo(link: http://www.msi.com/product/mb/970A-G43.html#/?div=CPUSupport). and the 8350 is LISTED as supported on there own site yet the msi rep says it isn't.

I'm looking if anyone has experience with these two products and know if the motherboard can actually handle this cpu? The conflicting info from msi and seller websites has me worried

Solution
The board lists support for many other 125 watt cpus. I can not see the board burning up.

You should contact MSI and see what they have to say.

One of the reviews on newegg lists the board as being used with that cpu, but mentions the board runs hot as well.

The real question is does the board just always do that. I had a gigabyte board that had a damn hot running chipset in the past. Never hurt it, but was damn hot.
The board lists support for many other 125 watt cpus. I can not see the board burning up.

You should contact MSI and see what they have to say.

One of the reviews on newegg lists the board as being used with that cpu, but mentions the board runs hot as well.

The real question is does the board just always do that. I had a gigabyte board that had a damn hot running chipset in the past. Never hurt it, but was damn hot.

Solution