MSI 970a g43 mobo Stuck at _

ryumatthewchen

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
I have that motherboard and its stuck on startup like it has '_' and it looks like its asking me to type something like command prompt but in reality i cant type anything. when i restart the motherboard like a lot of times, the motherboard will then boot properly. i had this motherboard running fine for like 5 years.
my specs:
AMD FX 8320 @3.5ghz
Gigabyte GTX 650Ti 1GB
24GB DDR3 RAM
500W PSU

Solution
Make and model of your PSU? How old is it? How do you have 24GB of ram populating the board? Are you on the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard? It seems like your PSU is giving up it's responsibilities.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU? How old is it? How do you have 24GB of ram populating the board? Are you on the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard? It seems like your PSU is giving up it's responsibilities.

Solution

ryumatthewchen

Reputable
Sep 15, 2017
500w Vantec psu, its from 2005 it said but it runs perfect on the other motherboard i have which consumes more power. 24 gb ram= i have 4 slots of ram on this mobo. 8gb+8gb+4gb+4gb. my psu is in perfect condition, i tested this board with another 450w psu and it did the same thing. i havent checked my bios revision, it is because it is from my dad's old pc that i took.