MSI 970A-G46 1 Short Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathid

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
Hi all,

First time building a pc. I have an MSI 970A-G46 Motherboard. I turn it on, the lights come on and then I get one short beep. That's it. What is this supposed to mean? Please Help asap. Thank you

Solution
Also, if you are talking about a punched/raised metal part of the case plate in some mounting positions, and no raised metal, but just a screw hole in other positions, then you need the little plastic standoffs for the screw hole(not the raised metal), and you should just use a screw on the raised metal on the plate.

Raised metal only(looks like a hump on the plate) = just a screw to the motherboard
Drilled hole only(metal is flat) = plastic standoff + screw to the motherboard.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
It depends on the motherboard itself.
You *should* have a screw/standoff for each mounting hole on the motherboard itself, that way it doesn't get warped from being hot and cold, causing problems with the circuitry.
If there is one or two standoff holes on the motherboard that the case doesn't have then it should be too big of an issue, depending on where the holes are at. If you have missing standoffs near the CPU then that is prolly not a good deal. But if one missing on a corner or empty area then not so bad.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Also, if you are talking about a punched/raised metal part of the case plate in some mounting positions, and no raised metal, but just a screw hole in other positions, then you need the little plastic standoffs for the screw hole(not the raised metal), and you should just use a screw on the raised metal on the plate.

Raised metal only(looks like a hump on the plate) = just a screw to the motherboard
Drilled hole only(metal is flat) = plastic standoff + screw to the motherboard.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.