MSI 970A-G46 motherboard stopped working and I need a temporary fix

atikotemizkan

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017
I have been using this motherboard and for a couple of years now, ever since I built this computer. It already got replaced by warranty once but it's too late now.
I already had some issues with bottlenecking but those are irrelevant compared to this.
My problem is that it stopped working about a month ago.
When I start the computer my keyboard and mouse lights up, I see the bios artwork screen for a brief second, then my monitor goes black, no signal, same with my keyboard and mouse, then it all happens again from the start. It loops forever and never leads to anything, always the same story.
I found a temporary fix. I took out the bios battery and let it reset. When the screen shows up that says "Settings have been reset, press F2 to continue" i press F2 and my computer boots up, but I have to do this every time I want to boot my computer, otherwise the loop problem happens again.

It all sounds fine until this point but I have huge performance drops when I do this.
On the lowest settings, I get 70 FPS on CSGO, when I used to get 300, and used to get almost 150 FPS on the highest settings. I'm a gamer and I can't live like this.
I naturally can't find anything with a 970 or a 990 chipset online, which are already pretty old, and I don't have any money to buy a new motherboard and CPU combo.
Please give me a solution or at least an answer why this could be happening. Thank you.

Specs:
MSI 970A-G46
AMD FX-8320
8 GB 1600 MHz RAM
Zotac AMP! GTX 1060 6GB
500W PSU from Xilence

atikotemizkan

Prominent
Nov 20, 2017

The battery was fine. I took it out so my computer would work. When I do a simple reboot I still get the loop problem until I unplug my computer and let the bios settings reset, even without a battery. I got used to this for now but the performance drop is killing me