msi 970a-g46 with FX-6300 CPU Fan

ibrahemahmed

Honorable
Oct 31, 2013
So i just finished building my new pc with msi 970a-g46 mother board and AMD FX-6300 cpu .
so far it is working really good but i have noticed something as soon as i start gaming the cpu temp will go all the way to 51 c and the fan speed will go all the way to 5300+ rpm which is making a very awful noise .

still it will take like 2 mins for the CPU to go back to ~25 C once i'm done gaming and the cpu fan will go to 3100 RPM which is not that noisy .

i'm using the original heat sink which i know is not that good but really a Six core processor with 14 mb cache memory would handle a game like dota 2 or Path of exile without being loaded that much .

i'm also using R7790 ATI Card as my gpu and 4 gb DDR3 corsair Ram . my question is should i consider enabling SMART fan option at the BIOS and if so would anyone explain it to me .

also any recommendation for an after market Cooling system would be appreciated

Solution
Everything looks fine. If it stays under 60C it's doing its job. Stock coolers aren't known for being quiet; they're just meant to keep the CPU from going above the CPU's specified heat limit at stock speeds. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

ihog

Distinguished
Everything looks fine. If it stays under 60C it's doing its job. Stock coolers aren't known for being quiet; they're just meant to keep the CPU from going above the CPU's specified heat limit at stock speeds. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Solution