Just spent 2500 on my pc build all new parts:
AMD FX 9730 - Liquid Cooled
32gb 1866 mhz ddr3 patriot memory
msi 1050 ti graphics card
480 ssd
3x 2 tb hdd
thermaltake 650 watt psu
msi 970 gaming pro carbon mobo

get power, led's on mobo light up, fans spinning, all fans spin and led's light up on graphics card...NO VIDEO, POST BEEPS, OR BIOS
I do have a case speaker installed and have tried the following:

1.) tried powereing up with just cpu and psu...same result
2.) tried seating each ram socket...same result
3.) tried replacing ram with a lower speed and less amount...same result
4.) tried replacing cpu with a AMD Phenom II X6 1090T ...same result
5.) tried replacing cmos battery...same result
6.) tried all the above with and without hdd and ssd...same result...
7.) tried all the above with a second new exactly the same mobo...same result

i first started with a 1200 watt psu..that was not powering on at all, replaced it with a new 650 watt psu...was running into the above problem...tried the same power supply on my old pc...works just fine on the old pc...no i do not have a voltage meter. took my new pc to geek squad (which had a voltage meter)..and the psu tested fine...swapped it out with another new thermaltake 650 watt...same issue..i was thinking cpu and ram...swapped it out with my old 1090t amd cpu and 16gb ram which is working on my old pc just fine...and ran across same issue when testing it on this mobo

if there is a solution for this without calling msi..please let me know

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Yes i used a anti static strap for all my builds...i am using a thermaltake +650 watt psu, hate saying this even took it to Geek Squad and they couldn't figure it out either...i had the psu switched twice already, but i am getting all 4 leds lit up on mobo, all fans spin, all fans and led light up on msi graphics card as well

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
do you have (and know how to use) a voltmeter? If so, check all voltages coming out of PSU. Based on your results in op, especially # 1,4, and 7, it really does sound like the psu, since you replaced cpu and mb

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
i first started with a 1200 watt psu..that was not powering on at all, replaced it with a new 650 watt psu...was running into the above problem...tried the same power supply on my old pc...works just fine on the old pc...no i do not have a voltage meter. took my new pc to geek squad (which had a voltage meter)..and the psu tested fine...swapped it out with another new thermaltake 650 watt...same issue..i was thinking cpu and ram...swapped it out with my old AMD Phenom II X6 1090T cpu and 16gb ram which is working on my old pc just fine...and ran across same issue when testing it on this mobo...geek squad even tested it with there test cpu, memory, and psu and was running across the same issue with their test equipment

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
OK...i understand that...but i am having the same issue when i swap it with my amd sempron II 1090t 6core which i know works..(my cpu for my old computer) and i get the same result

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017

OK...i understand that...but i am having the same issue when i swap it with my amd sempron II 1090t 6core which i know works..(my cpu for my old computer) and i get the same result

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Did you breadboard the pc or just try all of the above with the mobo intact inside the case? Wondering if the board isn't shorted out or has shorted out, (changing the mobo will yield identical results if the new board is identical it shorted in same spot). My msi mobo actually has components right under the backplate for the cpu cooler, so I must use foam shielding to separate them from the backplate or they would short out.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Put the pc together without the case first. It's the only component that's not been tested, replaced etc. Psu, 1 stick of ram, cpu, cpu cooler and speaker is all you'll need. If it still does not work with a brand new, different batch mobo, the culprit is either the 1 ram stick or the cpu, no other option. If you do get a beep, switch out the ram stick and try again. If you get a beep, try both. Keep adding components 1 at a time. There was a posting a few years back I remember it, the culprit was the cable on they keyboard was shorted out and backfed voltage through the mb, activating mobo safety, not allowing boot. Kinda stuck in my head it was so wierd.
If you are totally successful at building the pc out of the case, look for possible culprits inside the case, like additional standoffs in the mATX/mITX holes. Those mostly will not line up with ATX holes and will short the mobo. Look for sharp edges, nicked or pinched wires, backplate (if it's metal) interference with the solder tips, even scorch marks on the mobo plate where possible solder tips made contact with the case. It's entirely possible that it's a bad power button that's deliberately activating start-up and shut down confusing the psu. (when breadboarding just use a paperclip to momentarily short the power +/- terminals on the mobo, not the case power button).

You've done all the obvious things, replaced everything but the case. If it breadboards fine then the not so obvious culprit is the case, and there's a reason why.

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
ok, i just swapped out mobo to a msi 990-fga and swapped out cpus to a new AMD Phenom II X6 1090T...bread board without the case...and still no video, post beeps or bios...no signal through video card msi geforce 1050ti...i am completely lost now

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
maybe i should return it and stay away from msi...that is 3 msi boards i have went through in 2 weeks..my old board was an asus and never had a problem out of it.

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
i have tried it with ram and without ram, also reseted cmos, with a stick of ram and without a stick of ram..get leds and fans working on motherboard...no post beeps

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's just odd. I've seen bad boards, brand new. Ram and psus too. But you have changed multiple times. The chances of 3x bad motherboards, of 2x different models is staggeringly high, I'd have said near impossible. With just a mobo, psu, cpu and cooler you should have been getting blasted with ram error beeps. And you are positive you are seating both the 20+4 pin main connector and the 4+4 EPS connector right? They will be very stiff, but it honestly sounds like the EPS isn't attached since that's a cpu power block.
I could understand if it was with the 9730,its possible those were boards dated before bios updates to include the 9 series FX, but either of those boards will recognize the Phenom immediately.

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
i should play the lotto..going to call msi tomorrow...but yes everything is plugged in correctly....if it wasn't i am sure i wouldn't get the fans and led to light up

Merlock7237

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
i ditched the 9370 and sticking with the amd phenom....which still no post beeps while breadboard..all connectores are seated tightly..with cmos cleared (cleared it overnight)..i still get lights and fans...can feel the liquid pump vibrate..so i know it is not an issue with the psu....calling msi today