MSI 990FXA-GD80 Error Code 19 and ff After Bios Settings Change.

huntern321

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009
I recently got a new fx-8350 and r9 290 for my computer which was previously running with the same motherboard and a Phenom II 955 and radeon 4890. The swap was a success... Until I change a few bios settings. First, I overclocked my cpu to 4.7 ghz. No problem. However, in one instance, I remember changing the PCI-E frequency from 110 to like 115 or something around there (default was 100) and the ram speed from 1600 to 1866. I frankly don't exactly remember and was toying around. When the computer restarted, the display never came back on. The Motherboard was displaying error code 19 which I found to be some sort of incompatible cpu error the display also briefly flashes ff. my first though was to reset the bios and even clear the CMOS. I suspected changing the bios setting to 1866 when i had 1600 ram was the issue. but that changed nothing. Next, I put the ram in all sorts of configurations which changed nothing either. After much fiddling, I finally resorted to changing the cpu back to see if i could boot up then. Still no success. At this point, I have no clue what how to proceed. I have exhausted all of my ideas. Does anybody know what is wrong? Thank you in advance.

huntern321

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2009

The last time I updated the bios was before vishera so probably not quite, but since the whole system was working absolutely fine up until I changed those settings, I do not think that is the issue.