MSI A320M GAMING PRO with Ryzen 3 1200 - ezDebug CPU LED on / no post / no boot

RekoHart

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
I'm trying to build a budget pc for my father while I am visiting. I have plenty of experience building PCs but not with AMD

MB: MSI A320M GAMING PRO
CPU: Ryzen 3 1200
RAM: Patriot Viper 4GB DDR4 2400 x2
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 560
PSU: EVGA 500W

MB didn't come with a speaker, will pick one up today when stores open.

I've tried completely disassembly and rebuild, reseating the CPU, checked CPU for damaged pins, reseating both RAM sticks, only having 1 RAM stick in either slot, having no RAM in any slot, reseating the GPU, removing the GPU, reseating the CMOS battery, and jumping the CMOS clear.

PC is currently down to barebones: CPU, 1 RAM stick in slot 1, CPU fan, GPU, headers for front IO.

I am away from home so I don't have access to any spare RAM/PSUs/CPUs etc without buying more.

Solution
Did you make sure to install the proper stand off inside the case for mobo? Sounds like the back of your board is touching somewhere.

RekoHart

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
Update: I decided to go ahead and do another complete rebuild outside the case. I was able to get it to post no problem. Took it back apart, put it back in the case, and put it back together; once again no post.

RekoHart

Reputable
Jul 5, 2014
Bottom right standoff was bad, I removed the screw and it posted/booted just fine. Ended up swapping that standoff for another one, had no problem booting again. Problem solved, thanks everyone.